Posted by : K Swapnil Saturday, April 27, 2013
Rooting and Installing CWM on your Galaxy Grand Duos
So, You bought Samsung Galaxy Grand GT I9082 and now want to customize your phone deeply and/or want to install apps that require "ROOT access" to your mobile to work. Then you are at right place for ROOTING your device and also I am going to tell you the procedure of installing CWM (click here to know more about "cwm") too.
Make sure that you have the following: (for both rooting and installing CWM)
- Internet connection on your PC and a PC (or if you want to just root your DEVICE then your mobile's internet would work)
- At least 40% of battery
- A USB Cable ( if you want to install CWM too)
- ODIN 3 (link in INSTALLING CWM section below)
- ADB drivers installed ( or install kies and during CWM installation make sure kies is not running)
ROOTING GALAXY GRAND GT I9082
- If you want then backup all your data , its not going to be erased but still its safe to have backup.
- Download the ROOTING file from either of the links : DOWNLOAD from MEGA
- Once downloaded copy the file to your sd card (not in any folder) *dont extract the file
- Now enable USB debugging by Settings > Applications > Development and then USB Debugging
- Switch off the device
- Now go into RECOVERY mod by this combination of buttons : Volume UP + Home Button (center button) + Power and hold it for 4-5 seconds until you see the "SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND " .Once in recovery mod , you can use Volume UP and DOWN to scroll and Home Button to select.
- In recovery mod, select the option Install zip from SD card and then choose 'choose zip from SD card'
- Now navigate to the downloaded file ('UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.00.zip') and select it .
- If all was done in a right way then it would say 'Install from SD card complete' , then you can choose the option 'Reboot system now'.
Your phone is now rooted and to check it find if 'Superuser' app is there , and if its not then follow the above procedure neatly!
Now we are going to install CWM , you can also install cwm first and then root your device .Its your Choice.
- Make sure your device has at-least 40% battery
- Download ODIN 3 from the following links (any of them)
DOWNLAOD from MEGA
DOWNLOAD from SKYDRIVE
- Downlaod CWM-TOUCH from here (or here) and extract it (in ur PC)
- Downlaod fix-recovery(here) (or here) and transfer it to your SD card
- Switch off your device and connect to your pc via USB cable , enter to download mode by pressing following key/button combination :
Vol down + HOME + Power button (simultaneously) for 45 sec or until the logo appears. Then press Volume UP to confirm
- Now, in the ODIN 3 folder , open/run "Odin3 v3.04.exe" and it should show "0:[COM16] " under ID:COM , if it didnt then install adb drivers and it should work/show now.
- In odin , select PDA and navigate to folder where you extracted "CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.zip" and select "CWM touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5"
- In options in odin only "F.Reset" timer should be ticked.
- Now click on start .
- Once completed , take out your phone's battery and insert it .
- Now go to the recovery mode : Volume UP + Home Button (center button) + Power and hold it for 4-5 seconds until you see the "SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND "
- Now you are in CWM Touch recovery , you dont need to use the keys now all can be done using the screen
- Navigate to install ZIP from SD card , and then choose "Fix-Recovery.zip"
- Now reboot your phone.
Your device is finally rooted and has inbuilt CWM recovery (TOUCH) .
If you have any problems or have something to say then say via comments.
If you need help you could also :CONTACT US
**Screenshots coming soon