Rooting and Installing CWM on your Galaxy Grand Duos
So, You bought Samsung Galaxy Grand GT I9082 and now want to customize your phone deeply and/or want to install apps that require "ROOT access" to your mobile to work. Then you are at right place for ROOTING your device and also I am going to tell you the procedure of installing CWM (click here to know more about "cwm") too.
Make sure that you have the following: (for both rooting and installing CWM)
- Internet connection on your PC and a PC (or if you want to just root your DEVICE then your mobile's internet would work)
- At least 40% of battery
- A USB Cable ( if you want to install CWM too)
- ODIN 3 (link in INSTALLING CWM section below)
- ADB drivers installed ( or install kies and during CWM installation make sure kies is not running)
ROOTING GALAXY GRAND GT I9082
- If you want then backup all your data , its not going to be erased but still its safe to have backup.
- Download the ROOTING file from either of the links : DOWNLOAD from MEGA
- Once downloaded copy the file to your sd card (not in any folder) *dont extract the file
- Now enable USB debugging by Settings > Applications > Development and then USB Debugging
- Switch off the device
- Now go into RECOVERY mod by this combination of buttons : Volume UP + Home Button (center button) + Power and hold it for 4-5 seconds until you see the "SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND " .Once in recovery mod , you can use Volume UP and DOWN to scroll and Home Button to select.
- In recovery mod, select the option Install zip from SD card and then choose 'choose zip from SD card'
- Now navigate to the downloaded file ('UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.00.zip') and select it .
- If all was done in a right way then it would say 'Install from SD card complete' , then you can choose the option 'Reboot system now'.
Your phone is now rooted and to check it find if 'Superuser' app is there , and if its not then follow the above procedure neatly!
Now we are going to install CWM , you can also install cwm first and then root your device .Its your Choice.
- Make sure your device has at-least 40% battery
- Download ODIN 3 from the following links (any of them)
DOWNLAOD from MEGA
DOWNLOAD from SKYDRIVE
- Downlaod CWM-TOUCH from here (or here) and extract it (in ur PC)
- Downlaod fix-recovery(here) (or here) and transfer it to your SD card
- Switch off your device and connect to your pc via USB cable , enter to download mode by pressing following key/button combination :
Vol down + HOME + Power button (simultaneously) for 45 sec or until the logo appears. Then press Volume UP to confirm
- Now, in the ODIN 3 folder , open/run "Odin3 v3.04.exe" and it should show "0:[COM16] " under ID:COM , if it didnt then install adb drivers and it should work/show now.
- In odin , select PDA and navigate to folder where you extracted "CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.zip" and select "CWM touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5"
- In options in odin only "F.Reset" timer should be ticked.
- Now click on start .
- Once completed , take out your phone's battery and insert it .
- Now go to the recovery mode : Volume UP + Home Button (center button) + Power and hold it for 4-5 seconds until you see the "SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND "
- Now you are in CWM Touch recovery , you dont need to use the keys now all can be done using the screen
- Navigate to install ZIP from SD card , and then choose "Fix-Recovery.zip"
- Now reboot your phone.
Your device is finally rooted and has inbuilt CWM recovery (TOUCH) .
If you have any problems or have something to say then say via comments.
If you need help you could also :CONTACT US
**Screenshots coming soon